2015 Sojourn T-shirt. We thank Vicki Dodson for creating this amazing design!
2015 Day Plans:
- Saturday, June 20: Balls Eddy (Pa.; W. Br. Delaware River) to Buckingham Access (Pa.; Del. River)
- Sunday, June 21: Buckingham Access (Pa.) to NEWE Campground (Pa.)
- Monday, June 22: Narrowsburg (N.Y.) to Zane Grey Access (Pa.)
- Tuesday, June 23: Dingmans Ferry (Pa.) to Bushkill Access (Pa.)
- Wednesday, June 24: Bushkill Access (Pa.) to Worthington State Forest (N.J.)
- Thursday, June 25: Scott Park, Easton (Pa.) to Riegelsville (N.J.)
- Friday, June 26: Bordentown (N.J.), up Crosswicks Creek (N.J.) and back to Bordentown (N.J.)
- Saturday, June 27: Independence Seaport Museum/Penn’s Landing (Pa.) to Ft. Mifflin (Pa.)
Delaware River Sojourn 2015 by Sojourn Participant Ed Eaves
Press Releases/News Articles on the 2015 Sojourn:
- Upper Delaware Council (UDC): The UDC's Spring/Summer 2015 newsletter included an article on the 2015 Delaware River Sojourn that featured a brief interview with Sojourn Steering Committee member Sandy Schultz. Download newsletter (see page 11).
- Canoe and Kayak Magazine: 5 Fantastically Fun Group Paddles by Joe Cook (April 7, 2015). The Delaware River and Schuylkill River sojourns made this list!
- Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC): The DRBC issued a press release announcing the opening of registration for the 2015 Delaware River Sojourn (April 22, 2015). Click here to view.
- Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC): The DRBC issued a press release announcing that registrations are still being accepted for the 2015 Delaware River Sojourn (June 8, 2015). Click here to view.
- The Pocono Business Journal (PBJ): Delaware River Sojourn Partners with Local Pocono Businesses to Provide Services for Upcoming River Trip by PBJ (June 11, 2015). This story also can be viewed on the the VisitPoconos.com web site.
- New Jersey Herald: River Sojourn Honors Water Gap Park Official by Bruce Scruton (June 24, 2015)
- WFMZ, Ch. 69 News: Paddling Through the History of Delaware River by Ch. 69 News (June 25, 2015)
- NJ.Com: Delaware River Sojourn arrives in Hamilton, honors Mercer County Executive Brian Hughes by Rich Cuccagna (June 26, 2015)
- The Intelligencer: Video - Delaware River Sojourn and Photos (June 26, 2015)
2014 Day Plans: View complete package of all day plans
- Sunday, June 22: Barryville, N.Y. Access to Kittatinny Canoes' Staircase Rapids Access (N.Y.)
- Monday, June 23: Kittatinny Canoes' Staircase Rapids Access to Kittatinny Canoes' Matamoras Base (Pa.)
- Tuesday, June 24: Worthington State Forest (N.J.) to Driftstone on the Delaware Campground (Pa.)
- Wednesday, June 25: Driftstone on the Delaware Campground to Martins Creek Boat Launch (Pa.)
- Thursday, June 26: Martins Creek to Scott Park, Easton, Pa.
- Friday, June 27: Riegelsville, N.J. to Giving Pond Access (Pa.)
- Saturday, June 28: Neshaminy State Park (Pa.) to Burlington Island and back to Neshaminy State Park
YouTube video of Sojourners paddling Foul Rift on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - Video courtesy of Mike Hinkel
Press Releases/News Articles on the 2014 Sojourn:
- "Have Paddle, Will Travel: Sojourners Take in Sights By Way of the River" by Elizabeth Fisher, Bucks County Courier Times - June 29, 2014 (pdf 2 MB)
View related video and additional pictures.
- ShopRite Earth News: A special thank you to our River Master donor ShopRite for including an article on the Delaware River Sojourn in their Earth News 2014 publication! Download ShopRite Earth News 2014 (see page 5). Learn more about ShopRite's Environmental Sustainability efforts by clicking here.
- Upper Delaware Council (UDC): The UDC included an article on the 2014 Delaware River Sojourn in their Spring/Summer 2014 newsletter. Download newsletter (see page 11).
- "Schuylkill, Lehigh, Delaware River Sojourn Registrations Open" by Gary Blockus, Morning Call - April 15, 2014
- "Delaware River Sojourn Connects Canoers with Nature and History" by Andrew James Sheldon, The Express-Times - April 7, 2014
2014 Delaware River Sojourn Slideshow: This slideshow was presented during the 2nd Annual Dining for the Delaware River Sojourn Fundraising Dinner on October 12, 2014.
2014 Sojourn Presentation: This informational powerpoint was presented at Jersey Paddlers' Paddlesport Expo and other events sojourn committee members attend to help promote the sojourn.
The Sojourn was again an exhibitor at the 2014 Jersey Paddlers' Paddlesport Expo on March 28-30 in Somerset, N.J.
2013 Day Plans:
View Google Map for the 2013 Sojourn (Many thanks to sojourn participant Steve Strauss for creating this map that includes all registration locations, camping sites, launches/take-outs, and driving directions!)
- Saturday, June 22, 2013 - Ten Mile River Access (N.Y.) to Zane Grey Access (Pa.)
- Sunday, June 23, 2013 - Zane Grey Access to Jerry's Three Rivers Campground (N.Y.)
- Monday, June 24, 2013 - Lackawaxen River: Kittatinny Canoes' Threshmen's Access (Pa.) to Zane Grey Access on the Delaware River (Pa.)***
- Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - Milford (Pa.) to Dingmans Campground (Pa.)
- Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - Dingmans Campground to Bushkill Access (Pa.)
- Thursday, June 27, 2013 - Giving Pond (Pa.) to Bulls Island (N.J.)
- Friday, June 28, 2013 - Bulls Island to Lambertville (N.J.)
- Saturday, June 29, 2013 - Independence Seaport Museum, Phila. (Pa.) to Gloucester City (N.J.) and back
***Lackawaxen River Paddle Requirements:
1) All rentals will be rafts
2) Helmets are required and spray skirts are recommended for people kayaking in their own boat
Press Releases/News Articles on the 2013 Sojourn:
- "The 19th Delaware River Sojourn" (from the April 2013 edition of Local Flair Magazine)
- View news release: "Registration Open for 2013 Delaware River Sojourn: June 22-29"(issued by DRBC 4/25/13)
- "Registration Opens for the Annual Delaware River Sojourn" (from the April 27, 2013 issue of the Hunterdon County Democrat)
- "2013 Delaware River Sojourn Announced" (from the May 1, 2013 issue of The River Reporter)
- "Delaware River Sojourn to Combine Guided Paddling Excursions and Camping" (from the May 15, 2013 issue of the Pike County Courier)
- Upper Delaware Magazine, Summer 2013 (A River Reporter magazine, this edition's cover is a photo by Sandy Schultz from the 2012 Delaware Sojourn and offers details about the 2013 Sojourn on pages 3 and 19)
- View news release: "Registrations Still Being Accepted for Delaware River Sojourn"(issued by DRBC 6/10/13)
- "Registrations still being accepted for Delaware River Sojourn" (press release shared online by the Warren Reporter on June 10, 2013)
- "Registrations Still Being Accepted for Delaware River Sojourn" (press release shared online by Gloucester City News on June 11, 2013)
- "Canal State Park will host Delaware River Sojourn" (from the June 12, 2013 issue ofThe Beacon)
- "Dozens Flock To Explore The Delaware River" (broadcast June 24, 2013 on CBS 3 Philly )
- "Delaware River Sojourn Sets a Record" (from the June 26, 2013 issue of The River Reporter)
- "Sojourning on the Upper Delaware River" and Related Photo Gallery (from the June 27, 2013 issue of The News Eagle)
- The 2013 Delaware River Sojourn Photo Gallery (from the June 27, 2013 issue of The Express-Times)
- "Kayak Trip Raises Awareness of Delaware River's Importance to the Region" (published June 27, 2013 on Newsworks.org)
- "Sojourners Hit River for Paddling Adventure" (from the July 11, 2013 issue of the Bucks County Herald, page 21/40)
2012 Day Plans:
- Sunday, June 24, 2012 - Callicoon Access (Pa.) to Milanville (Pa.)
- Monday, June 25, 2012 - Milanville to Ten Mile River Access (N.Y.)
- Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - Smithfield Beach Access (Pa.) to Driftstone on the Delaware Campground (Pa.)
- Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - Driftstone on the Delaware Campground to Martins Creek Access (Pa.)
- Thursday, June 28, 2012 - Martins Creek Access to Easton’s Scott Park Access (Pa.)
- Friday, June 29, 2012 - Easton’s Scott Park Access to Riegelsville (N.J.)
- Saturday, June 30, 2012 - Bristol (Pa.) to Palmyra Cove Nature Park (N.J)
Press Releases/News Articles on the 2012 Sojourn:
- Sojourners Sweep the Big Eddy - The River Reporter, June 27, 2012.
- Rhodes' Legacy Lives On by Sandy Long, The River Reporter. This June 21, 2012 article is a follow up to her May 1 piece about Dick Rhodes.
- Registrations Still Being Accepted for Delaware River Sojourn: Early Bird Pricing Extended Until June 22 DRBC press release issued June 14, 2012.
- Registration Open for 2012 Delaware River Sojourn: June 24-30 DRBC press release issued May 3, 2012.
- Richard ‘Dick’ Rhodes: a river patrolman passes on his paddle by Sandy Long, The River Reporter. This May 1, 2012 article is a wonderful tribute to Dick, founding member of the National Canoe Safety Patrol and member of the Delaware Sojourn Steering Committee.
2011 Day Plans:
DAY 1 - Saturday, June 18 - Kellams Bridge/NEWE Camp, PA to Callicoon, PA
DAY 2 - Sunday, June 19 - Buckingham, PA to Kellams Bridge/NEWE Camp
Day 3 - Monday, June 20 - Lackawaxen River: River Bend, PA to confluence with the Delaware River at Landers Minisink Ford Base, NY
Day 4 - Tuesday, June 21 - Bushkill, PA to Worthington State Forest, NJ
Day 5 - Wednesday, June 22 - Worthington State Forest, NJ to Driftstone on the Delaware Camp, PA
Day 6 - Thursday, June 23 - Belle Mountain Access/Firemens Eddy Access, NJ to Yardley, PA
Day 7 - Friday, June 24 - Yardley, PA to Bordentown, NJ
Day 8 - Saturday, June 25 - Bordentown, NJ to Bristol, PA
2011 Sojourn/2011 PA River of the Year Art Contest Winners (click to view images):
- First Place: River of Life Drawing by S. Schultz
- Second Place: Duck, Duck, Goose Illustration by V. Dodson
- Third Place: Early Morning on the Delaware River Photograph by B. Lewis
2011 Press Releases (Sojourn and PA River of the Year):
DELAWARE RIVER SOJOURN HIGHLIGHTS 'PA RIVERS MONTH' ACTIVITIES (6/15/11 DCNR news release)
- REGISTRATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED FOR DELAWARE RIVER SOJOURN: Early Bird Pricing Extended Until June 12 (6/7/11 DRBC news release)
- REGISTER EARLY, SAVE FOR 17TH ANNUAL DELAWARE RIVER SOJOURN PADDLE TRIP (5/12/11 DRBC news release)
- ORIGINAL ARTWORK SOUGHT TO HIGHLIGHT THE DELAWARE RIVER AS PENNSYLVANIA’S 2011 RIVER OF THE YEAR: Artwork to also focus on the 2011 Delaware Sojourn theme “River of Life" (3/25/11 DRBC news release)
- PENNSYLVANIANS CHOOSE DELAWARE AS 2011 RIVER OF THE YEAR (1/13/11 DCNR news release)
- PUBLIC ENCOURAGED TO VOTE FOR THE DELAWARE RIVER AS PENNSYLVANIA’S 2011 RIVER OF THE YEAR: Voting Ends January 3, 2011 (12/17/10 DRBC news release)
2011 News Articles about the Sojourn:
RIVER OF LIFE: PADDLING GETS INTO YOUR SOUL by Ilene Dube (7/12/11 The Artful Blogger) [This article also ran on the front page of the June 30, 2011 Bucks County Herald under the title DELAWARE RIVER SOJOURN HONORS LORD HIGH ADMIRAL LINDA MEAD and was a "Your Time Off" cover story for the July 6, 2011 Princeton Packet]
- PADDLING WITH A PURPOSE by Dale Deffer (6/23/11 Pocono Record)
- DELAWARE RIVER SOJOURN GIVES PADDLERS CHANCE TO EXPLORE RIVER'S BEAUTY by Mark Demko (6/12/11 The Express-Times)
- SOJOURN SWIFTLY APPROACHING by Sandy Long (6/1/11 The River Reporter)
2010 Day Plans:
- DAY 1 - Sunday, June 20 - Ten Mile River, NY to Barryville, NY
- DAY 2 - Monday, June 21 - Barryville to Staircase Rapids
- DAY 3 - Tuesday, June 22 - Staircase Rapids to Matamoras, PA
- DAY 4 - Wednesday, June 23 - Easton, PA to Riegelsville, NJ
- DAY 5 - Thursday, June 24 - Giving Pond to Bulls Island
- DAY 6 - Friday, June 25 - Palmyra Cove to Amico Island
- DAY 7 - Saturday, June 26 - West Deptford, NJ to Wiggins Park Marina, Camden, NJ
2010 Photo Archives:
- 2010 Day 1 (by Dejay Branch, Upper Delaware Preservation Coalition)
- 2010 Day 2 (by Dejay Branch, Upper Delaware Preservation Coalition)
- 2010 Days 1-3(by Tim Burris, Sojourn Participant)
- 2010 Days 4-6 (by Ian Kindle, PA DCNR - Delaware Canal State Park)
- 2010 Days 6-7 (by Jessica Anderson, PA Environmental Council)
Data Collected During Day 3 Water Snapshot Program (compiled by Rich Egan, Sojourn Dayplanner and NPS UPDE Volunteer)
2009 Photo Archives
- 2009 Sojourn Highlights
- 2009 Picasa Pictures (by the Delaware River Sojourn)
- 2009 Picasa Pictures (by Jessica Anderson, PA Environmental Council)